Our Investment Style
The key principles on which our investment style rests are:
- A Focus On Long Term: This results in generally lower investment turnover, lower taxes and reduced transaction fees for you. For example, in weighing a mutual fund’s performance, we are less concerned with return over the past year than over the past three to five.
- A Value Bias: We look for stocks and other assets that we consider sound but which are less popular at the time. That is often where the opportunities lie. We believe this approach reduces risk and increases returns over the long-term.
- Diversification: We invest around the world and across a wide array of asset types, in a strategy designed to reduce the portfolio’s risk and capture opportunities wherever they arise.
- Broad View: We are always looking at the economy and various “asset classes” – stocks, bonds, cash, real estate and other alternatives – to analyze individual securities and funds, with an eye towards achieving solid bottom-line results.
- Customization: Individual tax circumstances and other special needs of our clients are taken into account in investment decision making.
- Frequent Reviews: We regularly monitor client portfolios to ensure they continue to reflect client requirements and our best thinking.
We believe that our investment style, developed by Lewis J. Altfest over more than 30 years, not only reduces overall risk, but also leads to highly favorable, long term investment performance for you.